Hello, May! Long time- no post.. hmm busy2 with my study in university >_<. For today recipe Italian menu is here! Spaghetti carbonara with bacon and salmon… I got this recipe from “Primarasa” book that I bought and I would like to share the best carbonara recipe in town! I’m a fan of pasta and cream sauce, as long as the cheese doesn’t make my food to salty or smell. I tried so many carbonara in every local or Italian restaurant, yet some of them smells or to cheesy for me. I think this one is the most successful food that I made ^0^. This recipe serve 4 persons. You can divide or double the measurements. Let’s begin…
1 L water to boil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil (choose for the cooking one)
250 g spaghetti (or anything you like e.g. fussily/ penne/ angel hair)
200 g beef bacon
4 egg yolk
75 g grated cheddar cheese/ parmesan
100mL cooking cream
200mL liquid milk (I use skim milk to less the calories)
¾ tsp salt
¾ tsp white pepper/ grounded black pepper powder
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 chopped small onion (150 g)
For the topping:
Grated cheddar cheese/ parmesan
A bit of parsley
How to make:
1. Boil the water in a pan, add salt and olive oil. Put in the spaghetti slowly until cooked (al dente); I know it when I can cut them easily with spoon/ fork. Tips: I got this not by the book, if you want the pasta not to be sticky and fragile after you boil it, put the paste on ice water and give some olive oil
2. Slice the beef bacon about 4x1 cm (I only predict this one and cut it the way I like), then stir in a pan until greasy. Set aside. If you like salmon or other meat or seafood to add, stir them in this cooking phase.
|before and after cooked|
3. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, cheese, cooking cream, milk, salt, and pepper, evenly.
4. In a stir pan, put the olive oil-garlic-onion and stir until wilted (transparent in sight). Put inside, the bacon (and salmon) and spaghetti until the smoke appear. Turn of the heat and let the pan stay above the stove.
5. Pour the egg batter (phase number 3) immediately on the stirring pan, stir until even and the egg yolks are cooked.
6. Move the spaghetti to the plate and add the toppings. Enjoy!