Saturday, September 15, 2012

Matcha (green tea) home made ice cream

Whoa! Monhts since I've wrote some recipes...
Fresh start after finished my Thesis, now I'm back to cook! What I made is for a fresh and cool start... It's.. ICE CREAM! Home made ice cream isn't as hard as I thought... for real, ya know! Green tea.. why? I've travelled to japan last month and the green tea fever in there makes me want to make my own matcha desserts here. In this recipe I use green tea powder from the baking store. If you have pure green tea, it will become less sweet. ice cream tends to lose it's sweetness when it freeze. So you have to measure the sugar and salt well.
The sugar is used to make the soft and "hole" like texture. Brown sugar can be use if you like caramelized flavor. I prefer the white granulated sugar.. but I lessen the quantity. I tried this recipe from a book but I still have to tried for 3 times to make this better. I need to improve with another ice cream flavor also.. I will post the chocolate ice cream recipe later on.

Here we go! * I  forgot to take the process pictures... Sorry :( *

Ingredients:
250 g liquid milk ( Skim/ full cream can be used)
150-250 g white granulated sugar (depends on your sweetness level)
1/4 tsp salt
500 mL thick cream ( about 30 % fat)
2 tbsp green tea powder
6 egg yolk ( keep the egg white for macaron)

How to make:
1. Put inside a pan: milk, sugar, and salt then cooked it on a small heat. Stir until the sugar is melted and set aside (A).
2. In a bowl, put in the thick cream and green tea powder then stir (C).
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolk and put 2-3 tbsp hot milk ( some of A). Then put it again on the milk pan (A) and cook in a small heat until thick and become custard (not boil or it will become a scramble milky egg) (B). Move the pan from the heat then stir slowly until it become cool.
4. Strain the (B) in the bowl that contains green tea powder and cream (C) . Stir evenly.
5. If you don't have an ice cream machine: Put THE ICE CREAM (LIQUID) in the freezer for 3 hours then scramble it with mixer (high speed) until soft. Repeat the mixer process 3-4 times every 3 hours, than freeze about 5 hours before the ice cream ready to be served.

I use ice cream machine so i PUT THE LIQUID for 8 hours on the refrigerator (depends on the machine instructions) then I put it on the ice cream maker for 15-20 minutes, then put it again in the freezer for about 1-2 hours. Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. Definitely will try to make one!
    Thx jane *cupcupwowow*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flavored Matcha :- Buy Best Matcha Tea- If you are health conscious then find here Matcha tea including White Matcha, Black Matcha, Royal Matcha, Flavored Matcha & Sugar Destroyer Matcha. Know more about Matcha green tea & Powdered green tea for health benefits
    withredleaftea.com an online supplier of Matcha tea.
    ======
    Flavored Matcha :- Buy Best Matcha Tea- If you are health conscious then find here Matcha tea including White Matcha, Black Matcha, Royal Matcha, Flavored Matcha & Sugar Destroyer Matcha. Know more about Matcha green tea & Powdered green tea for health
    benefits withredleaftea.com an online supplier of Matcha tea.
    =======

    ReplyDelete