Hearing mac and cheese sounds cheesy *LOL*
Usually the western one use a many type of cheese.But I made this one with things I have at home during Jakarta’s flood. It’s simple and don’t need a great chef to cook. You can put the rest if you don’t eat all of them and heat them on the oven the next day.
· 1 liter water to cook the pasta
· 1 tsp salt
· 250 gr macaroni (any type)
· 3 tbsp butter
· 1 small onion
· 2 tbsp all purpose flour
· 650 ml milk (I use non-fat)
· 2 bay leaf
· 50 gr grated cheddar cheese
· 2 wiener sausage
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
For garnish: 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
How to make :
1. Boil water on the pan, add 1 tsp salt and put the macaroni.
Boil for 10 – 12 minutes, strain and set aside.
Heat the oven on 180°C.
Prepare 6 bowl and spread the butter inside the bowl.
2. Heat butter in the pan, put inside the onion, flour, and milk. Stir until thickened. After that, add the bay leaf, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir evenly
3. Put the sausage and macaroni and mix well.
4. Put the mixed macaroni in the prepared bowl, and spread the breadcrumbs on the top.
5. Put the bowls on the oven. Bake for 25 minutes.