Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Recipe: Simple Fried Chicken with Peanuts

Hey, guys! Just want to say thanks for those who viewed this blog. 101 hit already! And the fave one is the Non baked cheesecake recipe. Yaayy! Anyone tried it? Gimme some comment if you wanna ask somethings. We'll learn each other :)
I'm managing my "market day" now since I have to cook for weekdays and sometimes on weekend. So me and Mr. C decided what we want to eat then make some lists what to buy at Saturday or Sunday before we start to cook. My Mom in law was so nice that she bought us some chicken or beef, even fresh fish from the traditional market. So does my Mom who bought some meat and bread for breakfast. Haha *heaven*
So as possible as I can, I try to share my-made-meal with them. Hopefuly they love it ^_^. Both of them are superb chefs.
I'm trying to take pictures from the beginning -process- and results of my-made-meals.
Also if possible in the future to add the total expenses and calories. Anyone helping me with the calorie counter?

Well, done talking now. Here goes the recipe for today dinner: Simple fried chicken with peanuts
I see this recipe on a local cookbook then I modified it.
Ingredients: (serve 2)
2 cup of peanuts (I'm using usual peanuts, you can use almond or cashew)
Maizena flour (corn flour)
2 chicken breast (each probably 250g)
1 egg
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
 1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp rice whine (arak masak)
1/4 tsp gohyong powder (available anywhere in Jakarta)

Frying oil (a lot)
Cucumber or salad for side dish
Chilli sauce if you like

The picnic pack
Zoomin the chicken
How to:
1. Cut half the chicken breast to make a heart shape look-alike (clean the meat first)
2. Mixed soy sauce, sugar, salt, gohyong powder, rice wine and egg in a plate. Marinate the chicken breat in there for about 1-2 hour.
3. Put the marinated chicken breast one by one on the peanut (already crust but not too small so the peanuts still has it's texture) then into the maizena flour
4. Prepare frying oil in a hot pan and make sure the chicken will drown on the oil., then put the chicken and fry that until golden brown
5. Drain the oil in the stainer until dry then serve it like chicken steak or cut into pieces like katsu or smaller, whatever you like
6. Enjoy it with side dishes ( I gotta hurry to prepare them, so I use cucumbers) and white rice. Eat while it's hot.

Tips: You can add chilli sauce or chilli powder and pepper to make it taste like Taiwanese snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment